Saturday, September 23, 2017

I Just Wanna Stitch!

The weather is lovely and warm, not too hot--Autumn in Tunisia is so pleasant, my favorite season along with Spring.

Autumn means that it's time to get ready for winter, and the house needs winter-proofing. Shutters, doors, and wrought iron work all need coats of paint...lots to do outside.
However, as soon as the sun goes down, you will find me in Grandma's rocking chair, stitching until the wee hours on my aging bed/utility quilt. This quilt talks to me so much that I drape it over the rocking chair in the morning and, while I exercise and listen to the news, I enjoy the progress I made the night before. 
Yes, it sings to me--
I just wanna stitch!
  

8 comments:

Els said...

..... and woven! ;-)

This is mending 2.01 !

Have a good Autumn Nadia !

KhadijaTeri said...

I left the quilt my grandmother made in Libya. Actually, I left it there so my husband will know that I'll be back! I love what you are doing with your old quilt. :)

Julie Fukuda said...

Funny how these things take charge of our lives....

Ms. said...

Bright - SO BRIGHT - No wonder it sings.
Loving Fall here in NYC USA too....The weather down here is just lovely warm days and cool nights. I can always get a hint of lush like New England from Central Park, and there are lovely wildish community gardens still on the Lover East Side. Nothing so wild and beautiful as the countryside though.

O'Quilts said...

Wahoo...still alive and well in Tunisia!!! And sewing to relax and create...wonderful news. xo

Carol said...

Wow! look at all the needle turning you will be doing. Hope you have some salves for your fingers. xoxo

rtquilter said...

You're amazing, nadia. Your work is amazing too! my poor old fingers ache at the thought!!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Stitching is food for the soul so I understand you wanting to stitch!