Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Lost & Found

It's certain, Spring has sprung. Nature is sporting a fresh cloak and occasionally offers a beautiful, sunny day. The wild daisies have gone wild thanks to a couple of cool, damp months.
After finishing the pomegranate segments, a break seemed welcome and why not some spring cleaning in the studio? So I got industrious and put my sawhorses in order (where I stack my quilts so there are no folds). 
Well, after that exercise, my studio should be renamed "The Lost & Found." A tally of what I found:


A fabric sketch that I had framed with dark green fabric. This now requires hand stitching and might get finished as it is small (about 14" square).




A cheerful wild thing--I'm laying down fabric (just pinned for the moment) and covering a rather large sheet of newsprint. Eventually, I'll stitch down the bits and pieces, a sort of appliqué or collage. No idea where this is going, but, in a week it should be covered. I'm tired of having all these fabrics out and all over. 
Don't be fooled--this is t-e-d-i-o-u-s.
A couple of rectangles that I pieced together and quilted while doing my bathrobe (here) and that I had totally forgotten. My original intention was a purse. 













When I traveled to the States almost a year ago, I brought fabric to embroider for a purse. The stitching part is finished so this project now requires attention.


Enough of spring cleaning--I could lose myself in my studio. That's why it's a lost and found. 
Now I'll go smell the daisies...



13 comments:

blandina said...

The wild thing can be tedious, but looks fresh, gay and very attractive!

bohemiannie! art said...

Oh Boy! It feels good to find...and finish...and clean! What a great stack of projects you have!

patricia said...

an early Christmas

Carli The Quilter said...

And these little pieces are what you lost in all your space?? I wondered what's in the saw horse pile? Looks like you have loads of options Nadia, I am seeing something very "festival-ish" in the light yellow/pink peicing.
carli

Tonya Ricucci said...

might be tedious, but really gorgeous and worth the work!

Bouts Choisis said...

Great job! Can you come and do my spring cleaning now?

Radka said...

I hate to think what I would find if I should tidy up, LOL!
It looks lovely bright at yours, still very cold here:-(

Michele said...

Isn't it interesting to see past projects, finished or not? I'm surprised at what I find in my stuff too!

Mo Crow said...

oh I love that purse Nadia!

Patty said...

I've been looking through your blog...love that boro robe! Wish
you lived closer! Patty M

Linda A. Miller said...

Happy Spring cleaning! Great finds! The purse looks fantastic already...can't wait to see more.

PURA said...

Good spring cleaning -lovely pieces of work-
Have a nice day.

Carol said...

I hate cleaning. And BTW my studio needs cleaning really bad. Don't you just love it when you come across not only lost pieces, but forgotten pieces that call you to get them finished. Some things I find I have no idea why it was put together the way it was in the first place or what I'm going to do with it now. Have Fun!!