Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year!

The Christmas tree was beautiful.

And it was a white Christmas in upper state New York.















Yes, I experienced the Arctic Blast, 
but managed to do a bit of seasonal sketching--snowscapes and shopping.















I tried to catch up in "The Circus in D.C." journal--to no avail.
I worried a bit at the airport...would we be snowed in?

But, we arrived at JFK for the final boarding of the flight home...close call. It was -11 F. at JFK. That's -24 C. It was a l-o-n-g trip.


Although I miss the kids and grandkids, I've never been so happy to return to my dusty corner of the world, where it is pleasantly warm (in the 60°s F.) and green.



My old bed quilt greeted me cheerfully last night. It will take me into 2018. 
And may the New Year bring you many blessings 
and lots of creativity!

7 comments:

Ms. said...

Lovely to look in on you from frigid Manhattan and glad your return was safe. Many blessings to you and yours.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I agree, Nadia, and I am not a fan of cold either. It's cold here in Houston for the next little while, but nothing like what they're experiencing in the Northeast. Glad you're safely back in your own little corner of the world.

KhadijaTeri said...

Best wishes to you and your family. May the new year bring you health, wealth, happiness and peace. ~ Teri

The Idaho Beauty said...

Surprised to see the winter pictures pop up and laughing that the extreme you experienced made you appreciate your hot homebase. :-) Happy new year and may 2018 be full of your continued creativity with pen, brush and needle.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sure the time away in all the cold must have made your return home all the better (despite leaving family behind). Methinks they thoroughly wished they could go with you! Happy 2018!

emma-alittlebitofeverything said...

Glad you got back safely! I love the 'slow & steady' quilt you're working on & I enjoyed catching up with your people watching sketches, wonderful ;) Happy new year!

Els said...

A bit late but a very happy New Year for you and your family Nadia !!!