Monday, October 9, 2017

The Beach, 2: Memories of Summer

Two activities keep me attentive to the moment when I go to the beach--stitching and sketching. 










The landscapes and the colors under the Tunisian sun are enticing











And the gardens are bewitching.





People-watching entertains me. We see lots of Russian tourists basking in the sun for hours, as if they will never see it again once they return home (this may be true).







A child's drawing of women served as a background for a sun-bather. I liked the contrast.









Usually, I have to sketch rapidly ...and then I turn the page.











Contour sketches without looking too much at the paper fill my pages.












Quite possibly, palm trees are my favorite subject.











In the meantime...

5 comments:

Ms. said...

Enviable sketches !!! LOVE them.

Martha said...

All of these are delightful but I'm particularly enamored of the one with the child's drawing in the background. Yes, sketch quickly. I like that.

O'Quilts said...

Great art....even though I notice you are sketching fat old Russian men...lol

Julie Fukuda said...

I found some very old sketches I did on the train and wondered if today's crammed train cars would give as much opportunity as those early days.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Every time I come here and see your amazing art I wish I could draw. Alas, no abilities in that regard and I'm smart enough to stick to needle and thread, but that's not to say I don't envy your talent. Especially love the sun bather over top of the more naive drawing.