Monday, May 22, 2017

A Crossover

At Sketch Club (my weekly meeting with my sketching buddy), my Derwent Inktense pencils delighted me when I drew a potted plant on fabric. I sketched it out first with a Micron fineliner, which is waterproof.
Inktense colors dazzle me when water is added--it's magical to see the depth and brightness of the color. Now, for the fun part...to cut? to dice? to stitch? to add more fabric? All of the above? Oh, the possibilities!



In the meantime, from my purse notebook: I had the chance to do a bit of sketching while waiting to give a talk in Tunis. Some pretty arches.








Another day we went to a restaurant on the Mediterranean with a beautiful view. I managed a quick sketch. Beautiful colors in the sea...


As we sat in the waiting room at the Charles Nicole Hospital for a visit for Mr. M., I worked on a sketch of one part of the hospital. A doctor passed by, stopped to watch for a moment, and said "Where is that?" He was surprised when I told him it was the hospital. 
Sometimes we just don't see what is in front of us.

3 comments:

SewTypical said...

LOVE Love Love your sketches..!
Now I want some of those Derwent Inktense pencils - will start saving my pennies.

Just wondering if you have an idea of how the colors hold up over time.
Do you find that they fade?

MulticoloredPieces said...

I haven't used the Inktense enough to know about longevity. They are, of course, permanent once activated with water, which is why I'm testing them out on fabric. I think I'll be adding fabric and thread. I've worked with acrylics on fabric, which I know hold up well (like over 20 years), but may not be considered archival.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

How right you are in that sometimes we just don't see what's in front of us. We hurry so much in our busy lives and overlook the beauty that surrounds us.