Saturday, April 22, 2017

An Anniversary

A year ago, I was sitting in a Parisian hospital, sketching my husband recovering from a serious operation, an endarterectomy.

Today, Mr. M. is doing well, for which I am thankful. And so, I have been able to turn toward my own work with a lighter heart. I've been quilting the sky of the Pomegranate Tree.

The binding comes next and then I will hang it on the wall and stare at it for a few weeks to make sure it is finished.
























In the meantime, I did a half-selfie and am wondering how to translate this onto fabric...


4 comments:

Els said...

Ahhhh Nadia, so good to remember and to be happy with this
wonderful recovery !!! Wishing you both all the best !

O my, your pomegranates almost finished ...

When I see the drawing up close it's already almost
like stitching .... ;-)

Have a good weekend, Nadia !

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a good anniversary to have in the past. Your art quilt is looking good.

Quilteuse Forever said...

Ce grenadier me fait penser aux arbres de vie qui sont si symboliques... Que cela convient bien à ce joyeux anniversaire !

O'Quilts said...

That is a wonderful thing to be grateful for...just great. You certainly do it justice with your art...keep on keeping on...xxoo