Friday, October 2, 2015

Now Where Was I?

Yes, now where was I? Well, I'm trying to get back to some kind of a regular blogging habit, which I have missed over the past two years due to teaching. So how about something wild and over the top to get some momentum going?

It started with a blouse that was getting old. Small holes began to appear in the fabric. I laid down some fabrics, some "old-fashioned" colors (I am perfectly aware that these colors are no longer "in style").

Then I needle turned to my heart's content...and it seems to me that when I added a couple of maroon pockets, a heart took shape in a tangled fashion.




And so it grew...





                                     and grew...





Today I model this wild thing. I'm not sure that I can wear it anyplace, but it is like an old friend. We have spent many hours together. Possibly, it will become part of a wall-hanging in my series on aging and retirement (retirement? what's that?).

My mornings start with a bit of yoga (bores me silly, but necessary), then I go out to the orchard and get a really good work out and have fun talking to my trees. Just gotta show off my new physical fitness. 
One could conclude that teaching is an unhealthy business: very stressful, and the prep work requires a lot of sitting...well, so does stitching, but I do that after I work up a good sweat in the orchard.
And so, greetings to all my friends out there in the magical virtual world.


Linked to Nina Marie's "Off the Wall Friday."

17 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

Now this is great and great to see you wearing your piece of art. And a question: You say you are starting to needle turn ( on the complete piece of colour) and I understand then that you are going to cut step by step - as you go - intuitively - am I right?

Ellen said...

I wave back quilt dear friend, I enjoy your blog and your beautiful creations.

Silvana Vituriano Celistre said...

Beautiful!

Cheryl Razmus said...

So good to see you blogging again. I have been away from doing that for a while now, although Facebook has become my "mini-blog".
I love what you did with the design. Amazing life to it, like the connections in the brain, firing off! Wear it in good health.

Cate Rose said...

Oh my goodness, that shirt is totally amazing! Good to have you back in blogland, too. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

O'Quilts said...

For sure you are a piece of work...hugs

Julie Fukuda said...

Aging? My laptop just died and it was about 75 years younger than I. Nothing like old fabric made new.

Mo Crow said...

what a wild thing!

Linda M said...

Retirement is grand, I'm sure you will come up with lots of wonderful stitching projects to fill the time.

Bouts Choisis said...

What a fabulous shirt! I think you should wear it to all sorts of places! I'm sure it will be much admired.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Greetings right back! So fun to see you sporting your work. And the yoga pose! I too try to do a little yoga each day, but I do find it more fun on the day when I do it in class. All that mutual breathing and posing and, from the guys, grunting!

Radka said...

What can one say? Unique! :-)
xx

Regina B Dunn said...

Wild and wonderful. Great inspiration for a skirt I'm thinking about adding appliqué to.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What an amazing work of art you are wearing! It is just gorgeous. You reminded me of Bonnie Hunter. She says if the fabric is still ugly you haven't cut it small enough!

Nancy said...

Wild thing...you make my heart sing! Good to see you looking so happy in your amazing art shirt.

jude said...

well you look great!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You look wonderful in your creation - wear it with pride. I know you will get all sorts of compliments!