Sunday, August 30, 2015

Home Again, Home Again

Arriving in Tunis, I walked off the plane into a wall of heat and humidity. After six weeks of living out of a suitcase I was happy to return--what's 95° F. after the record-breaking July temperatures of 125° F. (which I missed while enjoying Oregon's cool 85°F.) ? Fortunately, I found my garden in fairly good condition, all things considered.


Quilters, artists, and sketchers crossed my path. I had pleasant adventures and did a few crazy things...like acquiring art supplies and fabric.

Do I need more fabric? Here is the current state of my fabric palette/stash.
A bit of a tight squeeze; the shelves are fairly packed. Logic flew out the window when a friend of a friend made it known she was downsizing her fabric stash. For a very reasonable price, I acquired a great deal of good stuff.

My daughter caught me in bed with my newly washed fabric.


Now it all sits on my sewing table--I counted about 300 fabrics. The question remains, where do I put it? 




Glad to be home--Happy days ahead playing with fabric!

15 comments:

arlee said...

Well, that's quite a score! best get to it ;)Glad you're home, safe and sound!

Cate Rose said...

Oh my...more fabric is always a good thing! Welcome home, glad you had such a great trip to the states. Be well. Hugs.

Ellen said...

What a lot of dust. inspiration for beautiful quilts.

O'Quilts said...

I am so happy happy happy u got new fabric..Nothing like color and design for meditation...easing the troubles...Glad u had a good visit.

Martha said...

How wonderful to see you perched among your lovely fabrics. Would love to see more of the piece on the wall.

The Idaho Beauty said...

This reminds me of inheriting part of my late friend's stash. It took a long time to wash and iron it all and yes - then how to integrate it into an already healthy stash! But we never can quite say no, can we?

Julie Fukuda said...

I love escaping to Oregon to visit kids when our summer is like a sauna, but it is always good to get home. I have received donated fabric this summer and I keep mine sorted into stacking buckle boxes. Problem is that new arrivals make some boxes too tight.

Jodi said...

Lucky you! I, too, would love to see more of the quilt on your wall. And thanks for your very nice email! Nothing like "home sweet home", hmmm?

Mo Crow said...

what a good score & welcome home!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a big, beautiful pile of new fabric to play with! Can't wait to see what your creative mind develops.

Doris Perlhuhn said...

Just to look at it inspires.... That is a good way to say good bye to this summer.

rtquilter said...

Glad you are home safely nadia! Did you get to TN?? It has been ugly hot there and virtually a drought. Sounds like a lovely trip and your stash is now truly magnificent! Enjoy:-)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

In bed with all that fabric? How fun is that!!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Welcome home. I stopped buying quilting fabric. I have no room to put them either! I will have to start using mine. You will have fun and come up with all sort of new projects - Hugs Nat

AppleApricot Wen said...

One can never have enough fabric. Period. :)